Woburn Abbey Doorway Model

Woburn Abbey Doorway.jpg
Woburn Abbey Doorway.jpg

Woburn Abbey Doorway Model

130.00

The history of the house begins in 1145 when Hugh de Bolebec founded a religious house for a group of Cistercian monks. In 1547 Edward VI granted Woburn Abbey to Sir John Russell, though it did not become a family home until 1619. Today Woburn Abbey is set in a beautiful 3,000 acre deer park and is occupied by the 15th Duke of Bedford and his family.

The model is a detail of the centre of the west front section of the house and was commissioned by Henrietta, the Marchioness of Tavistock. The model features also the Marchionesses’ two dogs portrayed in lead either side of the front door.

Weight: 2 kg

Height 24cm

Quantity:
Add To Cart